EMOO is an 8HP Eurorack Adapter Module for some of the MOOER guitar effect pedals.
The PCB set consists of a little adapter PCB with a 12V to 9V voltage regulator and the IN and OUT jacks (3.5mm). Additionally there is a Panel PCB that fits most of the little MOOER effect pedals (those with the potentiometers and switches arranged as shown in the graphic on the left).
You need to buy the original MOOER pedal in order to use this module in your eurorack setup.
It is not recommended to use MOOER pedals that use a tap button (instead of a standard LED) or a momentary foot switch (such as the “EchoVerb” pedal). The diameter of the tap button will not fit the hole in the panel and the momentary foot switch is not connected to the MOOER PCB, thus not giving any hold to the EMOO panel. If you feel adventurous though, you can enlarge the hole on the panel yourself and attach the MOOER PCB to the panel with a little screw. You need to be able to drill properly in order place the holes correctly. There is a description of the drilling procedures available on the ST Modular Github Repository.
The adapter PCB may be used with any other guitar pedal requiring a 9V power supply. In this case you need to make the panel yourself.
Kindly note that there is no pre or post amplification of the signal made by the adapter PCB. As most pedals are very generous accepting higher levels, there won´t be any significant difference in signal levels. Please also refer to the video “EMOO Signal comparison” linked below.
- Use most of your MOOER EFX pedals in your modular setup
- Easy plug and play without dealing with adapter cables
- Use your Eurorack power supply unit to power your little MOOER pedal
- Passive Volume Trimmer to reduce Eurorack synth-levels on the back of the PCB
- Skiff friendly
- Wrong polarity protection
- 3U Eurorack module, 8 HP wide
- Power consumption depends on the pedal you choose (from 3mA to 160mA; Sky Verb approx. 130mA)
The module consists of two boards:
- Front PCB Panel
- Little Adapter PCB with all components