The cornerstones of modular patches
VCAs are absolutely essential in a modular system, for example for:
- Shaping the amplitude or timbre of a tone with an envelope.
- Animating a mixture of several oscillators.
- Controlling the amount of filter modulation with a random source or a touch controller.
- Applying an envelope on the linear FM signal hitting an oscillator.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
- Large gains above +20dB (sufficient for amplifying line-level signals) achievable in exponential mode.