Eurokastle has all the functionality of the Kastle 1.5 with some tiny amendments to fit the Eurorack format. OSC mode and Rungler mode may be changed via switch instead of patching cables and you only have one input/output per functionality instead of 2 or 3 on the desktop synth. Though it has a Waveshape CV attenuator which is not available on the original Kastle.
Although it is highly recommended to buy Bastl´s desktop version, you don´t need to purchase the original in order to build the EuroKastle. You may completely source the parts by yourself. Kindly note that there is no AVR ISP header on the PCB. You need to flash the Attiny85 ICs before they are put into the IC sockets (e.g. using a breadboard). You can use any AVR ISP programmer to complete the programming process.
It runs on regular Eurorack power supply units.
- Please check out the Bastl Desktop Synth for further details and consider buying one – it´s worth it!
- Illuminated EuroKastle Logo
- Wrong Polarity Protection
- 3U Eurorack module, 10 HP wide
- Power consumption: 47 mA at +12 V
The module consists of two boards:
- Front PCB Panel
- Main PCB with all electronic components